Monday, November 29, 2010

Thanksgiving Weekend



We had a nice, low-key Thanksgiving here in the city. We got up and ready early. After breakfast for the baby, and beagles and coffee for the parents, we walked down our street to catch the Macy's Thanksgiving Parade live! This is my third Thanksgiving in NYC, but it is the first I've spent the day in the city. I have no idea if Nolan knew what was going on with all the music and VERY large balloons, but Shawn and I enjoyed it! The parade was a lot more fun then I would have ever though.
It was over by 11, and we headed back to the house. Since it was just the three of us this year, I did a lot less cooking and even "cheated" with the Turkey by buying a roasted turkey breast at Trader Joe's!

I clearly have so much to be thankful for this year. I'll keep it simple with a list:
Shawn
My sweet Baby Boy Nolan
Family, near and far, especially my sister who has been an amazing help with Nolan
Friends, new and old
Hand me downs for the baby!
Central Park
Health
Nolan's Stroller and Ergo Pack
Great flight deals
Trader Joe's on the UWS


1 comment:

Heather said...

What a fun and festive Thanksgiving. The Thanksgiving Day parade is definitely on my list of things I want to do. Love you!