Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Yea for 21!

I've been counting down the days until Nolan turned 21 months.  We had a rough go with 20 months, so I   am truly hoping that 21 will be better.  As we deal with a lot of fun things like new words, more adventure and gearing up for the holidays, we were also dealing with Nolan's frustrations.  He was dabbling in some hair pulling, pushing, hitting and worst of all biting.  When I say biting I don't just me Shawn and I, but other kids in his classes and playgroups were becoming victims.  Normally I can see the look in his eye and stop him before he makes contact, but sadly that was not always the case.  I was so upset that I bought Toddler 411 in hopes of some much needed guidance.   Luckily that book is filled with good advice, and I was able to start disciplining in a more effective way.  If he was mean once, he was removed from the situation, put in time out, then back to the kid to say sorry.  The second time we left.  As for biting and other physical things at home we were putting him in a time out chair, and it just didn't work.  We started to put him in his crib, because we really have no other safe place in our small apt, and that has been very effective!




So here's to 21 months and more of the cute stuff and less of the stuff that puts this very tired mom in tears!

1 comment:

To Be Determined said...

I am sorry about the biting.. Not fun. J'adore his curly hair.