Wednesday, November 28, 2012

I know, I'm bad


What, you like my shades?

Hi Blogland.  To say we've been busy around here would be an understatement.  On Aug 12th, we found out that our landlord had rented our apartment out for the 15th instead of Sept. 1st.  We really saved his butt and moved into our new place in Brooklyn in 3 days.  I'm sure our babysitter was happy for all the last minute extra hours.  We managed to get it all done, and now, 3 months later, I can't imagine still living in that small space on the UWS.

Brooklyn has been great.  We have a huge place in comparison to our last place.  We have needed all the extra space and amenities that have come along with it, including my favorite, a full sized washer and dryer!! Wow, how did I live the past four years without it.


The day before preschool he was all set with his Toy Story backpack
Playing in a basket found on the street, real Brooklyn Style
In September Nolan started a two day a week 2's preschool program.  We've had a few hick-ups but overall he's doing well and really loves it.  He's always so excited to tell me about his day and show me his art work.  The teachers say that he is their little helper.  He was even making kids, "more snack," with play dough.
Off to ride the R train to Brooklyn Heights

Quick Nolan update.  He is talking if full sentences, and he's using his words more and more to communicate.  He's still not interested in potty training, but we ask him every day if he wants to go on the big boy potty.   Nolan is a huge help in the kitchen.  He loves to help me load and unload the dishwasher and when he can he helps me cook.  I've found that getting him involved in the kitchen and with dinner prep makes him way more interested in trying new foods.  We're still very lucky that he is willing to try new foods and eats most of what we put in front of him.  We're still dealing with some behavior issues, that I keep hoping will get better.  He has great days and good weeks followed by a bad run, but I have to remember that he is frustrated too.
Interviewing potential Knicks City Kids

Helping Daddy get ready for Basketball Season.  Lets Go Knicks
Nolan loved Halloween and was so polite with his, tik o teet and than to with each person that gave him candy.  For those of you that don't live in NYC, the kids Trick Or Treat at area businesses.  There are a few people who sit on their stoop and hand out candy, but for the most part they go to stores, bars,  etc to get their candy!

In other news, my sister got married in late Sept and is now Mrs. Hess.  The wedding was so fun, and of course Katie was a glowing bride.  The party went off without a hitch, and Nolan even got to be the last one down the aisle before Auntie Katie and hold a big sign that said, "Here comes the Bride!" He did such a great job!
Shawn had Lou Seal sent up to our seats to say hi to the Bride and Groom! My sister was MIA and he waited for almost 30 mins.  That's some serious game ops pull!

Bride and Groom at Pyramid in Walnut Creek.  This is Shawn's view with Nolan after he did his part!




1 comment:

To Be Determined said...

Still slacking here! I will be needing some more pictures. He is becoming such a big kid! And what is that backpack thingy??? That might be better than the kid leash I intend on getting when phoebe starts wandering away. I said it. Yeah you know you thought of getting one too.