Thursday, July 24, 2008

July in CA

I love going home to California for my annual summer trip. I normally like to spend about 10 days out there catching up with friends and family and this year meeting all of the new additions! I try to make it to the west coast as much as I can, but if all else fails, I always make it out for my July trip! This year was action packed. It all started with dinner at Heather's house, then it was go, go, go from there.

I spent two days in Lake Tahoe at Marlene's in-laws cabin. It was so nice to get away for a couple of days and enjoy the sun and freezing cold lake. Tracy and Heidi joined us. Thanks Mar and Todd for letting us stay with you!! I also got to meet the newest addition to the Cook family, Katelyn! Both of her kids are so cute!

Ellie & Katelyn :)
Thanks for hosting Cooks!

There was no resting in between Tahoe and my next activity.....THE POLICE at the Concord Pavilion. I loved it. Tracy (thanks for bringing me as your date) Heather, and her co-worker Danielle, Angie and a bunch of people from Tracy's old work headed out to the lawn on a beautiful NorCal night. To our surprise, we were upgraded into pretty good seats and enjoyed the closer view. Sting was amazing. He looked 50 but sounded 25!Getting ready for The Police
Our new friend, Sting's #1 fan. I caught him jumping in the back of one of our group shots, and from then on, he thought he was out BFF! He plays a mean air guitar.
If you've ever been to an A's game then you know this guy! Heather and I love making new friends.

From there it was lunch with Alix and Ayla. Then lunch with Cindy and Logan on Friday. I then had to hit the Nordstrom Sale (we don't have one in Memphis) then went to my brother's softball game. His team was playing a bunch of my guy friends from high school. It was great to see all of them, then head to Rocco's for pizza and beer with the LaSala's! It was so wonderful to catch up with everyone one on one. I find this can be hard on most of my trips. I was thankful to be in town for two full weekends!
How cute is baby Alya

I was also lucky enough to be in town for Angie's son Anthony's 4th birthday party. It was a great afternoon watching the kids swim and play, while catching up with all of the fun people at the party!
Happy 4th Birthday Anthony


Tracy bought Anthony some fake mustaches, we thought they were hilarious and had to show them off! Shelby, Ashley's daughter, though they were pretty funny too!Biker Babes?
This one was too cute not to post. Shelby wasn't even fazed by the sticky furry mustache!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Looks like you had a fab time! The Police ROCK! I saw them twice! I personally think Sting looks like a HOT 50!! Miss you guys!!

Jax

Alix Allocco said...

So fun and so glad to have you home.