Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Vienna and Obama

I though I should write a little about my day in Vienna. It was inauguration day, and I thought it was really interesting to be in Austria for President Obama's inauguration. We had a tasting and a presentation prior to our dinner at a great restaurant in Vienna. We were able to make it to the restaurant by 6 p.m. (noon on the East Coast 1/20/09.)

As soon as we arrived at the restaurant everyone on our trip, along with some locals, gathered around the small TV to watch our 44th president be sworn in. There was a silence in the air as we watched history take place. Every Austrian we ran into keep say "Yes We Can." I figured if there are three words that people know in English, it seemed to be those! Everyone was so excited for our country, it seemed like there were only Obama supporters in Austria. I though that was a great sign that not only the US, but the world seem to be excited about the change of power in Washington!

When the swearing in was over, we got many toasts from all of the locals. It was a pretty cool moment!

Here are a few Vienna pictures. We were only there for a little over a day, and I was feeling sick, but I had to stick it out and see the sights.

1 comment:

Heather said...

Love the pics.

My mom used some recipes off your site for her SuperBowl Party. She tried the chili, corn bread and buffalo chicken app. She loved them all, so thanks from her! AND me too...I tried the chili last night and it was DELISH!