Wednesday, February 6, 2008

Super Tuesday Tornados

We are safe and have power in Midtown Memphis. Shawn and I also both have power at work. Our house is fine, but about 5 miles away from us in Hickory Hill the power is out and the mall over there is in bad shape. Fortunately the fatality rate in Memphis was really low (1 person.)

I rode out the storm in my bedroom closet, I figured that if the roof blew off I'd be able to cover myself with all of my clothes! Shawn was safe and sound at work. The Grizzlies played their home game as scheduled.

Here are a couple of pictures that my co-worker Michelle took yesterday from her house during the first storm. We got hit two times!






6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I checked your blog this morning because I was thinking of you both last night. Glad to hear that you're okay and the house is too! Thanks for keeping us updated. I can't even imagine riding out a storm in a closet! You're sure you want to live in the South???

Anonymous said...

Saw Sam Champion this am, and Los and I were wondering about you guys! Glad you are safe!!!
Jax

Anonymous said...

Checking in on you, so nice to have your blog to be able to do that. Glad that you are both OK, must have been an interesting night. Take care!

Katie said...

I'm so glad to hear things are ok for you guys! Phew!
PS- thanks for the chili recipe. I can hardly wait to make "Hili Chili"

Love,
Katie

Heather said...

So glad you are OK. You sure have been through some wild journeys with the weather.

LOVE YOU!

Scott McMillan said...

That is CRAZY!! Glad that you are alright.