Thursday, January 31, 2008

Countdown to Europe

I've been waiting for a good day to post about our up coming trip to Europe. Shawn and I have traveled a lot through the U.S. & Caribbean, but we've never crossed the "big pond." A few months ago I decided that I was going to stop talking about going to Europe and finally plan a trip. Shawn's big 3-0 is February 22nd, so I figured there is no better time then now. I know that the weather won't be ideal in the middle of February, but the price is right!! We leave two weeks from today.
And the destinations are:

AMSTERDAM, there is a direct flight from Memphis to Amsterdam, so we don't have to worry about a layover in Detroit or NYC.


Stop number 2 is: BRUSSELS


I picked Brussels for the architecture, chocolate and beer! I think it will be a great complement city to Amsterdam.

We'll be spending two and a half days in each city. It's a short trip, but we'll make the most of it!

Anyone who has been to either of these cities, I'd love to hear your "must see" destinations!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yeahhhh! Glad to hear you guys are going! Have a fantastic time!
Jax

Heather said...

I'm so excited for the 2 of you. Way to plan an amazing trip. Can't wait to hear all the details when you get back.