Friday, January 4, 2008

Bennett Winter Rewind...two blogs for the price of one

Christmas in Cali:

After a ridiculous 15+ hour travel day on the 23rd, I finally made it to SFO. Starving, tired and down right annoyed, I head to baggage claim where only one of my bags shows up. Lucky for the fam, the Christmas gifts were safe and sound, as for my clothes and other items, well, they were somewhere in MN! Fortunately my bags arrived Christmas eve morning by 8:30
Once that little snafu was over, the rest of Christmas went great. We celebrated Christmas Eve with dinner at my dads. I cooked an Italian fest, and then we had the best dessert ever, chocolate molten cake, YUM!

It was great to have almost the whole family in Cali for Christmas. Shawn was in Indiana with his family. The NBA can be unforgiving during the holiday season! My sister was in from NYC, my mom was in from Spokane, and me from Memphis. It was a very chill holiday!

The day after Christmas, Dad and I spent almost 6 hours at Nordstrom. Crazy how time just disappears when your shopping the after Christmas sales!
I met up with the girls later at Maria Maria in WC for dinner. The former Cantina got quite a face lift! The food was great and so was the atmosphere, I would definitely go back! It was a great way to celebrate post-Christmas and pre-Alix's Birthday!
Me, Tracy, Alix (Birthday Girl) Amy & Heather

Part 2: Seattle

Next I ventured up to Seattle, where I met Shawn at the airport and we headed to West Seattle with my cousin Tessa and her son Finn. We had a great couple of days in W. Seattle and Pike Place Market. Seattle is a gorgeous city with tons of fun things to do. I heart Seattle!
We had a great dinner at my other cousin, Genna's house, with my grandma. It was so great to get her in a small group. It is normally a challenge to get almost one on one time with a grandma that has 22 grand kids! She is an amazing woman and a true inspiration! I love you Gma!Next venture was downtown Seattle and a my cousin Matt's wedding at the Fairmont Olympic Hotel. The hotel is so beautiful, and the wedding was first class. It was great to see him so happy with his now wife Amy. I had a great time catching up with the Yeend cousins. All but one of my first cousins were there (we missed you Bobby!)

Yeend's in front of the Fairmont Tree
The whole Yeend cousin clan:

Just when you think the trip is over, it's NYE! We celebrated early with my cousin Malea, where we sadly watched the Indiana Hoosiers get beat in their bowl game :(

From there it was back to W. Seattle to ring in the new year with the rest of the Seattle O'Neill cousins! We had a great night and celebrated 3 different new years (NYC, Memphis & Seattle!)

Happy New Year to all of you. May 2008 bring you health and happiness.

Love, Shawn and Hillary







1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hillary, your pictures are great. It was so fun seeing you guys in Seattle, I wish our time together had been longer! Any chance you would share your pictures from Seattle? I would love to get some prints of any cousin pictures.
Love and miss you!!