Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Is it just me....

Or are birthday's not as fun as they used to be. I don't normally use my blog as a place to talk about my daily life, but as I look back on my 28 years, I can't help but think "Where did all of the good birthday's go?"

This morning I woke up with a sick feeling in my stomach....I just knew it wasn't going to be a good day. Bad weather, weird things going on at work and my 29th birthday just happened to fall on a thunderstorm filled Monday. I spent most of my day consumed with work for our upcoming opera, but it wasn't just a normal busy day. I spent 15 minutes with a lady who said, and I QUOTE "You are not Southern enough." As a West Coast born and raised girl I found this statement totally rude. I'm sorry if I talk too fast or loud for your liking. I know that some times I should slow it down, but you don't have to tell me I need to be more southern....that's just weird.


My birthday finally got better with some fun gifts from my coworkers (MT, I loved your cards and candy. BN, I'll always try and remember to wear stripes on my birthday! Sarah, Oooops, the blow up flamingo and palm tree did temporarily made me feel like I was some place other than the office!) and happy hour apps at the Westin Hotel before the Grizzlies game. Thanks Bridget, Amanda and Brooke for going to the game with me.


Here's a quick little shout out to everyone that made my day!

To my girls from NHS:

Thank you so much for the amazing birthday card. I don't think you really know how excited I was to get a birthday card filled with love from some of my favorite girls.

Thank you Tracy, Alix, Ashley, Kristin, Heather, Amy, Kelly, Angie & Suzanne.

I have an amazing family that also made me feel loved today too; Thanks Mom, Dad, Katie, Kyle, Gma, Judy and the rest of my family.
Last but not least....Thank you Shawn, for the flight to NYC, for the cute cake and super cute purse and for being there for me every day!

I am hopeful that my 29th year will be a year filled with adventure, excitement, amazing memories, exploration and growth.





4 comments:

Heather said...

Happy Birthday Hill-dog!!! I love you so much and thank you for your wonderful friendship and constant support. You are such an amazing friend and and I know this year will be an exciting one for you. Next year, we all need to celebrate together our bdays together.

Love,
H

Alix Allocco said...

HAPPY Birthday!!!! I will call you tonight!! We all miss you here is CA and can't wait till your next visit. I appreciate your upfrontness (if that is a word) and realness. You are a great person and a great friend. you only have 363 days left in your 20's so enjoy everyone. love you!! Alix

Alix Allocco said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday... A little late! Hope you had great time! Tack on another drink for when we visit!!

Jax