Monday, April 21, 2008

Missing Cali

I've really been missing the West Coast, especially the Bay Area, and today my longing for the picturesque Bay was made worse by an email I got from Sherman's Travel. Here is what it said:

San Francisco ...A la carte
"Cable Cars, clanging bells, climbing hills, walking along the Bay at Fisherman's Wharf, Clam Chowder at Pier 39, taking the boat to Alcatraz, Hornblower dinner cruise under the Golden Gate.

Looking at you are Painted Ladies and people in Chinatown, beckoning you are Italian restaurants in North Beach, Museums and Tea Garden in Golden Gate Park and Twin Peaks looks over the Bay, the Bridges and The Pacific.

Giant trees at Muir Woods taking you back in time, Sausalito perched on the hillside, tasting at wineries in Sonoma and Napa, The Monterey Bay Aquarium with its giant fish staring at you and Pebble Beach brushing you with its scenery and luxury. History taking you back 300 years in Monterey.

Run away to San Francisco for a dew days during the summer the fog keep s the city nice and cool. We'll handle your hotel and tour reservations."

Dear Sherman's Travel:
Can you find me a home that I can afford and a job I love?

For those of you who still live in the Bay......how do you feel about roommates! :)

4 comments:

Heather said...

Oh Hill! Cali misses you too. Sorry I couldn't call you back on Saturday. Was babysitting both nephews all day. I'll give you a call this week to catch up. You know there is always a guest bedroom at my house with your name on it.

Love you,
H

Alix Allocco said...

WE MISS YOU!!!! What an add? Hell that makes me want to go to Alcatraz and Muir woods.Can't wait to see you soon. BTW- I just got Mike and I tickets to Huey Lewis and the news. They are playing at Wente on 8/5. It is like a dinner and wine pairing to music. If you have any interest it is going to be really cool. See you in Aug.

a :)

Katie said...

I hear you! It snowed here in UT on Thursday! Luckily we are headed to Walnut Creek for the summer in a couple of days. Love all the recipes on your other blog too!

Alix Allocco said...

You were very missed....I am thinking of planning a night away up at sadle creek when you are in town with all the girls....Do you think you would have time for that???