Friday, April 4, 2008

The Right Stuff

"Oh oh oh oh, Oh oh oh oh, Oh oh oh oh...The RIGHT STUFF!"

Ok, is it just me or are the rest of you totally excited the the New Kids on the Block are coming out with a new album and going on tour! I haven't stopped thinking about seeing them for a second time since the rumor first started to float around. My sister and I were laughing so hard yesterday while we emailed each other about old NKOTB memories. My sister even said she still has a scar on her finger, because she cut herself cutting out an "O" in NKOTB. Both of our rooms were filled with NKOTB stuff, but she took the time to cut out NKOTB and each member of the band and tape them above her bed. I was not that extreme and didn't suffer any injuries hanging my NKOTB posters or wearing the button on my Guess jean jacket!

My dad bought us tickets to see NKOTB at the Oakland Coliseum back in the day. I remember how badly I wanted to go, and what he must have gone through to get the tickets, well in typical 4th or 5th grade style I was no longer "in to" the New Kids by the time summer was over. I still went to the show with my Batman earrings and my MC Hammer style pants on and LOVED every minute. I remember Donny flying in the air on some sort of contraption. It was my first concert, and I'll never forget it. I could imagine getting New Kid's tickets that summer was kind of like getting tickets to Hannah Montana this past year. Thanks for taking us to the concert dad. I'm sure we may not have thanked you properly 20 years ago!

With a tour in the near future, I just might have to join their fan club to ensure my seat at one of the shows. Is there a chance that we call all relive our first NKOTB concert in Oakland? Who knows, but I'll telling you, that I will go out of my way to see this comeback tour!

Who was your favorite NKOTB?
Hillary = Joey
Katie = Danny (although she said that Jon was looking good in the above picture!)
Heather = Joey....keep the votes coming in!

3 comments:

Heather said...

I loved them! I had a shirt, pins and a jacket. I also used to pretend to do a radio show with Courtney Dawson where she would interview me as Joey McIntyre's girlfriend and I would interview her as Chris Mullen's girlfriend.

Anonymous said...

You left out (intentionally?!!) that you STILL know the dance! :)

Alix Allocco said...

believe it or I not I never got into them. I was out of the county when they became popular and I remeber getting a NKOTB beach towel for Christmas from a "cool" Aunt in 5th grade and not knowing who the heck NKOTB was. FUNNY!!!