Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Windy City Weekend

Shawn and I spent Memorial Day weekend in the great city of Chicago. I love Chicago in late spring and summer. Shawn's brother and sister both live up there now, so our weekend was filled with fun activities around the city.

We spent Friday afternoon/evening with my cousin Bill and his wife Laura and their 4 kids. It was great to catch up with them, and see all of their kids! From there we headed into the city. Shawn's sister, Amy's husband Todd works at an awesome restaurant called Bin Cafe. If you're in Chicago and like wine and good food and service, this is your place. There is a bigger Bin downtown, but we were at the smaller one in Wicker Park. Todd is the GM, and runs a great ship. The wine flights are well priced. You can also buy wine there. Check them out on the web:
http://www.binwinecafe.com/

From there we headed to a bar that had an awesome DJ, here are some pictures:

Saturday was filled with my favorite activities, sight seeing and shopping. I was lucky enough to be in town during the Nordstrom Half Yearly sale, so for a west coast girl with no Norddy's that was pretty much made my weekend.

Chicago Tribune Building

Taking a picture of ourselves in "The Bean"

Looking towards the city from the California stop on The L

Shawn in front of the newest member of the Trump family

Beautiful tulips were all over the city

After a long day of shopping we headed to Adobo for dinner. The food, margaritas and service there were also very good. They make amazing fresh guac at your table.
Check them out here: http://www.adobogrill.com/wickerpark/index.aspx

Sunday we headed to brunch at the Flying Saucer, then headed to Humbolt Park for the 1st Annual Windy City Wiffle Tourney. We played 4 on 4. My team won! We turned an tennis court with no net into a wiffle paradise.


From there, Shawn's brother Phil, hosted a bbq at his house. It was a great way to finish out the weekend.

PS, thanks Todd & Amy for letting us stay with you!

1 comment:

Heather said...

Hill...looks like so much fun in Chi-City. I think that Jay and I went to Bin in Wicker Park when we were there. We decided to venture out of the city one night and I'm pretty sure that is where we went. Small world.

I've got some friends from work heading to Memphis this weekend for a conference. I'm bummed I didn't get to go. I need some good recommendations to pass along to them.

Love you!
H