Wednesday, May 14, 2008

WST #1

I was having a bit of a bad day yesterday. I headed to the gym after work and was starting to feel better. When I was leaving the gym and heading for my car I saw something I haven't see in years. Kids doing swimming land drills. It put such a huge smile on my face, and made me think back to my days of land drills. Swimming for the Woodland's Swim Team for 10 years was great. I wasn't the best swimmer, and I actually didn't like competing in swim meets very much, I guess that's because all of my friends and my brother and sister were way better than me, but it was the best way to spend the long California summer.

We lived across the street from the pool, and we literally were there from 7 a.m. on. It was great socialization and an amazing way to keep in shape. I now know why my parents insisted that I stick with it. The trips to Raging Waters, 4th of July, talent/lip singing competitions, spaghetti feeds and shaving my legs for the first time with a group of my girlfriends are memories I will never forget.

I wish I had some pictures to post of us in our green and white swimsuits! I'll try and find some to scan....they're truly priceless.

Here's to the start of swim team season! WST, WST, WST #1!

No comments: