Thursday, February 4, 2010

Weekend Getaway

Shawn and I headed down to Washington D.C. for a last weekend getaway before the baby gets here. I think they normally call this a babymoon, but due to the snowy and cold weather, I'll just call it a weekend away. I think a babymoon should include fruity drinks, sand and sea! Even with the snow and cold we had a great time seeing the historic sights of the Capital. We braved the snow storm to go see the Constitution. It was pretty cool and there was NO line which was a total bonus. We also went to the Portrait Museaum.
On Sunday my cousin and his fiance picked us up and we hit the monuments, brunch, DuPont Circle, Georgetown and a few other cute D.C. neighborhoods. All and all is was a great weekend, and we are looking forward to going back in May for my cousin's wedding. It will be baby B's first trip!
The Lincoln Memorial is one of my most vivid memories of visiting D.C. as a kid. It was great to see it again and take Shawn there for his first visit!

1 comment:

Heather said...

So fun! Looks like a fun (and cold) trip. You look amazing. Can't believe you have a 5 week countdown. YEAH!!!