Monday, October 18, 2010

7 months




I seriously feel like every time I log onto the blog it's time for NB's monthly update.

It is getting cold and some times rainy here in NYC, but it has given me a reason to dress Nolan up extra cute in his fall gear. I am so thankful for everyone who has bought him clothes and even more for the fabulous hand-me-downs that we've been given.


We went to a fall party in the West Village with Nolan's best bud James. We got some great pictures, and the boys loved playing with the pumpkins and watching the big kids run around!


Now for a run down of new and exciting things:
  • Sitting up so straight for long periods of time. I still have to put the boppy behind him if I leave him on his own, but he has come a long way in a month.
  • Finally doesn't mind being on his stomach. He is attempting to crawl and actually likes reaching for his toys that are a little far away.
  • Scarfing his 4 oz of food twice a day. He has not rejected a single food I've given him. He's even been trying to take the spoon and feed himself!
  • He makes the cutest noises when he's excited, which is about every two minutes. He pants and kicks when we leave the house, come home, get to the park, he sees his dad or any of his tiny little friends, goes into the bathroom, or when we're about to get on the swings. He even gets super excited when I take him out of the swings!
  • He has the best personality, and I always get stopped by strangers who tell me how cute and funny he is. He also loves to flirt with the ladies!
  • He loves to sit in his bumbo chair and watch me cook dinner, do the dishes or get ready for the day in the bathroom.
  • He seems to like Sesame St. for about two minutes.
  • Two days in a row he took two hour naps, which is a big deal at the Bennett house. I can only hope that this continues (finger's crossed!)
  • Yesterday he decided that his new thing would be clapping. It's so cute, and he just does it when he wants to. It is not really associated with anything now, but I'm sure as the weeks pass by he'll clap in context!
There are still days that I can't believe this sweet, funny, super cute and well adjusted baby is mine. He is such a little love bug, and even though days can be long and hard, seeing him smile at me or laugh when I laugh makes all the hard parts slip away!


1 comment:

Heather said...

He is the sweetest guy ever. Love, love, love him! Happy 7 months Nolan! Hope you had a Happy Halloween.