Friday, October 15, 2010

Paris



After a couple of days in Milan, I was much less jet lagged. We flew with Shawn and the rest of the NBA folks to Paris. We were staying right next to the Arena where the Knicks played the Timberwolves.

I was so excited to get to Paris. It was my first time there, and I had so much I wanted to see and do. Besides seeing the Eiffel Tower and Notre Dame, number one on my list was a fancy French Dinner. Thanks to one of Shawn's coworkers, we were able to enjoy a quiet 6 course meal at Augusto in Paris. We had a great bottle of white Burgundy to go with our meal. I had a feeling that one of the courses would be a little to refined for my taste, and boy was I right. After three amazing courses that Shawn and I basically liked up out came the pigeon! AHHHH, living in NYC, I could not get the vision of dirty city flying rats out of my head. I did my best to eat as much as I could, but after about three bites I was done! Good thing that course was followed by yummy cheese and a heavenly dessert duo of chocolate souffle and maple ice cream!


The next day Shawn was busy with work, so Nolan and I headed into the city center to meet our friend Emily. We had lunch then walked over to the Louvre, then headed to the Latin Quarter, then after walking aimlessly for hours we headed back to the hotel for a much needed glass of French Wine! When Shawn was done with work, he met us at the Westin and we went over to Pont Nuf to catch a nighttime boat ride down the Seine River. It was a great way to see the city. I have to say the Eiffel Tower lit up was a beautiful sight!

The next day was game day, so Nolan and I were on our own again. We went to the Arch De Triumph and the Eiffel Tower in the rain. Thankfully my sister let me borrow her rain jacket as it was a necessity in Paris! We made it back to our hotel in time to get changed and head over to the game. We only stayed for the first half, but I was glad we were able to see the NBA in Europe!


No comments: