Saturday, December 22, 2007

Christmas Part 1

Last night was Christmas at the Bennett house. I cooked our Christmas dinner*, and we opened our gifts from each other. I got a couple of really nice things, a new watch and a wine fridge! Thanks Shawn.

** Our Christmas Dinner
Flank Steak
Hash brown casserole (aka cheesy potatoes)
Asparagus (in the past I've also done a big green salad or broccoli)
Sauteed Mushrooms


I've been cooking this dinner since Christmas 2003. Most of these recipes are from the Yeend family. The flank steak and casserole always remind me of great meals with my immediate and extended family! YUM!


Mat & Bridget bought Shawn a casserole cook book. For those of you who don't know, Shawn doesn't cook very much. They were hoping this book would inspire him to spend some more time in the kitchen! Mid-Westerner love their casseroles! Shawn once said that people can't live on soup and black beans! I guess he was implying that my west coast style of cooking isn't enough for a guy from Indiana! It really looks like a great cook book. I have a feeling that I might end up using it more then Shawn!

No comments: