Thursday, December 20, 2007

Thanks VH1

This is just a little plug for VH1. I've spent a few hours, ok 3 hours in the past two nights, watching VH1's Top 100 songs of the 90's. It has been great. I love the VH1 format and all of the hilarious people guiding you through the show. There have been too many good songs to list, and they've only done 60-100. The top 40 are still left. I would say of the 60 songs, I pretty much love 50 of them! With none of my regular shows on because of the WGA strike, it's been nice to watch some old school videos while I finish wrapping Christmas presents!

Here are three of my Fav's thus far:

#3 Fiona Apple "Criminal" She was 18 when she wrote that song!















#2 Bel Biv Devoe "Poison" Yeah this song makes you want to do the roger rabbit


















My number 1 song so far on the count down, none other then my homeboys Tupac & Dr. Dre
"California Love" **Note this is not my favorite Tupac or Dre song, but it is the only one that has made the list so far. RIP Tupac!



I hope you all get a chance to check part of this show out. I'm sure you'll laugh just as hard as I did about what we were all doing when these songs were top dog! The 90's truly were "our" decade. I started 6th grade in 1990 and was half way done with college when the decade ended. I'd have to say it was a pretty awesome 10 years!

1 comment:

Meg Honey said...

Hillary!
Merry Christmas--I love your blog. And, I LOVED the VH1 post: "It's driving me outta my mind, that's why it's hard for me to find--can't get it outta my head, kiss her, miss her, love her-that girl is POISON..." ha ha ha ha LOVE IT! I totally am doing the Roger Rabbit right now!
xoxoxo
Meg Honey :)