Tuesday, December 4, 2007

O Christmas Tree

Besides the amazing Stevie Wonder concert on Sunday (see blog below) Shawn and I purchased and decorated our 8 foot tree.

When it comes to Christmas trees, there is no compromise for me.....it MUST be real! For the past two or three years, we've got our tree from Home Depot. They have a great selection at a great price. Hey, maybe I should do an ad for them :)

Shawn trimming the Bennett '07 tree



With and without the flash!

Every year when we decorate our tree we listen to Elvis' Christmas Album and drink eggnog and whiskey. I normally take two sips and through my drink down the sink, but it's tradition and Shawn loves a good whiskey eggnog drink during the holiday season. Here are a few other traditions that we've made together.
  • Buying each other one ornament each year

  • Filling each other's stockings on Christmas Eve with all kinds of random goodies

  • Adopting a child (from the Salvation Army or other charitable organization) to give a holiday gift(s) to. This year we have a 7 year old boy. It is so important for me to give to someone who might not get any other gifts. It breaks my heart to think that "Santa" doesn't visit every boy and girl

I'll leave you tonight with a few of our trees of Christmas past!

'05 Tree

'06 Tree

I guess I got this computer in 2005, because I can't find our first Christmas tree together (2004.) We were living in a 1 bedroom apartment in Orlando, and our tree was about 3 ft. It was so cute and an appropriate size for our tiny apt.







2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your tree is a beaut! Stevie Wonder! Awww...that must have been awesome. I am begging Los to take me to Van Halen on Valentine's Day next year- how romantic! Miss you!

Jax

JKAndrus said...

Love the Christmas tree, it looks great! Don't you love Christmas time and all the fun traditions that it brings. Have a great holiday season (we all missed you at the shower).
Love,
Kris